Monday, March 1, 2010

The First Date

The first date

Since I'm not too busy at work right now I get to sleep in but still I'm tired and the coffee helps. But usually my early mornings start when I wake up with the ring of death........The alarm clock shocking me into reality with no mercy. Still.... "I'm tired"....but that doesn't really scratch the surface of the soul searching you do when try and shut the fucking alarm clock off and look around and realize you have to pull yourself together for another of day of work............
After being exposed to this form of torture now for decades, people, I'm sure you can sympathize with me and my fellow band members that our spring has sort of has gotten lost from our step. The old knees take time to get warmed up. The back refuses to find the balance point which will allow you to stand up without leaning on to something. The prostrate has been arguing since the middle of the night to take action, but dreamland is too sweet. Yes life has become lets say a "leeeetle! weary................
BUT!!!!!!!! Somehow all is not lost........ With the world debut under two weeks away, I have realized a nervous action that I have not felt for decades. Nervousness? Yes, a bit.... Nervousness like asking out a girl for a first date. You know you have to go out with the babe and you have overcome this shitty feeling to achieve the means. It's not a very pleasant feeling. But I AM FEELING IT!!! At my dreary age to achieve some of this emotion again is.......pretty neat this time around. I know what it is and this time its great to have it back.
Because it's excitement. Sure winning the hockey gold was exciting. (Who's number 1?) but that is an objective high. This date thing completely personal.
Yep, still alive and well. Now when the gig starts, will the bad part of nervousness raise its devious head? You remember your first date. The sweaty palms while holding hands. The shaking..... I doubt it though. Because on your first date you were so scared of failing and that is what triggers the negative vibes. This time around, I am so used to failure in my life....it won't be anything new. wink....and this around, the beer helps....Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment ?
Keep it decent ! We have no mercy for vulgar notes.

--- There's a word verifcation to stop spam bots. ---