Thursday, July 8, 2010

What a difference another gig makes.

Having heard the recording of the Huvikumpu gig, I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't that bad. I was expecting a lot worse. At Robin's we could no wrong. This time we could do no right.
During the gig we could only hear the drums and not ourselves and needless to say mistakes were made by all of us. In fact twice the pick-up dropped off my acoustic and I couldn't hear the difference. The best thing to go wrong was when near the ending of a song, a strange ringing sound could be heard.......It was Jouni's cellular calling!
The reason for the mess that we didn't have our mixer with us and two of the members of the other band "The Mojo Band" helped with mix after a crash course by Osku, who in return mixed them. After hearing the recording I can only thank them for a great job mixing in such difficult conditions. Thanks!
The Mojo Band were great! A polished performance with true blues feel. It was fun working with them.
As for us, we have all spread out in different directions for the summer and will get back together when feeling to make some noise again calls. I've started to get the ball rolling for a gig in Rautalampi in September hopefully. We need more gig time. We know our songs well and I feel the songs are performed better than at Robin's, but we lack experience in gig performancing when the challenges change from location to location. Makes thing interesting....
And now as I go to my corner for some r&r, I look back at all we've done since last fall with the band complete and gigs performed, I can only take a breath and think that this is kind of real neat!
Or.....as our fellow Dutch Philosopher would comment "It could of been much worse"......

No comments:

Post a Comment

You want to comment ?
Keep it decent ! We have no mercy for vulgar notes.

--- There's a word verifcation to stop spam bots. ---